Windows Spotlight images bring a touch of beauty and inspiration to your desktop screen, providing stunning wallpapers that can instantly elevate your Windows experience. If you’ve come across a particularly captivating Spotlight image and want to download it for personal use, here are four methods you can try:
Method 1: Extracting Spotlight Images Manually
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\
- Default Url :- file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState/Assets/
- In the Assets folder, you’ll find a collection of files without file extensions. These files are actually the Spotlight images.
- Copy all the files to a different folder on your computer.
- Rename the copied files and append the “.jpg” extension to each file.
- You can now open and view the images using any image viewer or set them as your desktop background.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Software
- Search online for “Spotlight image downloader” or “Windows Spotlight downloader.”
- Choose a reputable third-party software that suits your requirements and download it.
- Install the software on your computer and launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to browse and select the Spotlight images you want to download.
- Specify the download location and any additional settings, such as image resolution or category filters.
- Initiate the download process and wait for the software to save the images to your specified location.
Method 3: PowerShell Script
- Press the Windows key and type “PowerShell” to open the PowerShell application.
- Right-click on the PowerShell app and select “Run as administrator” to ensure proper permissions.
- Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell.
Get-ChildItem -Path $HOME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ | Copy-Item -Destination $HOME\Documents\SpotlightImages -Filter "*.jpg"
- Press Enter to execute the command. This PowerShell script will copy all the Spotlight images from the Assets folder to a folder named “SpotlightImages” in your Documents directory.
Method 4: Windows Spotlight Wallpaper App
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows device.
- Search for “Windows Spotlight Wallpaper” and install the app with that name.
- Launch the Windows Spotlight Wallpaper app.
- Browse through the available Spotlight images within the app.
- Select the images you wish to download and click on the download or save button.
- The app will automatically save the selected images to a designated folder on your computer.
These methods offer different approaches to download Spotlight images on Windows. Choose the one that best suits your preferences and technical comfort level. With a few simple steps, you can have your favorite Spotlight images downloaded and ready to adorn your desktop, adding a touch of beauty and inspiration to your Windows experience.